Darebin Information Volunteer Resource Service is a not-for-profit volunteer driven organisation that delivers free services and programs for vulnerable populations in Darebin, reducing financial crisis, social isolation and barriers to accessing community information.
DIVRS through a variety of services provides:
- Resources and support to low income Darebin residents who suffer from financial stress or crisis. Our aim is to strengthen their financial independence and increase resilience.
- Programs and services which advance the education and skills development of disadvantaged and other Darebin residents
- A volunteer service that promotes social inclusion and strong networks creating opportunities for participation in the City of Darebin
- Local capabilities and knowledge to address disadvantage and promote resilience, contributing to the development of social policies and services that impact on the residents of our community
DIVRS offers a service that is:
- Recognises clients’ rights to make their own decisions