What is L2P?
The L2P learner driver mentor program is a VicRoads initiative with 52 providers across Victoria, including DIVRS for the Darebin area. The program is free, and assists learners under 21 years of age, who do not have access to a supervising driver or vehicle, to gain the 120 hours of driving experience required to apply for a probationary licence.
Learner Drivers are matched with fully licences Volunteer Mentors who have undertaken a thorough selection and training process. Using a program vehicle, the Learner and their Mentor go out driving once a week.
L2P also incorporates up to 7 free professional driving lessons by a registered Driving Instructor. This is to ensure the young people participating in the program have some driving skills before being matched with a Volunteer Mentor.
To join an L2P program, you need to:
- be between 16 and 20 years of age.
- hold a current learner's permit.
- be unable access to either a vehicle, a supervising driver, or both.
To become a volunteer mentor in an L2P program, you need to:
- be over 21 years of age.
- hold a current full Victorian driver's licence, at least two years post probationary licence.
- be able to commit to a minimum of 2 hours per week.
- have a Police Check, Licence Check and a Working with Children Check.
- be positive, understanding and supportive.
PLEASE NOTE THE LEARNER REGISTRATION IS CLOSED TEMPORARILY DUE TO THE LONG WAIT LIST. A NOTICE OF RE-OPEN WILL FEATURE HERE IN THE FUTURE
If you are interested in the program, please submit an enquiry email via button below or feel free to visit us during opening hours.
For further information, enquire below.